The year 2020 has just started and we are already introduced to so many new bikes.
With the introduction of new motorbikes, many brands have introduced motocross helmets too that have many amazing features.
Although the motorcycle helmets are in existence since the beginning, new motorcycle helmets are being introduced every year.
Every brand is trying to introduce a helmet that is better than its competitors and for that reason, they keep on experimenting with the materials they use in making them.
But the main concept of the helmet stays the same, i.e. to provide protection.
If you are a new motorcyclist and you do not know what and which helmet you should buy, then you should continue reading this article till the end.
In the article, we are going to give you tips on buying a new motocross helmet. Not only that, but we are also going to review some best helmets for you that differ from each other in prices and features.
But before giving you the best motocross helmet ultimate buying guide, we shall first discuss with you the products you get when you buy a complete motorcycle gear.
- Products A Motorbike Gear Must Include:
- The Top 12 Best Dirt Bike Helmets
- 1. Bell MX-9 Adventure MIPS Helmet
- 2. 1Storm Adult Motocross Helmet And Dirt Bike Helmet
- 3. O’Neal 3 Series Helmet
- 4. O’Neal Unisex-Adult Off-Road Style 2SERIES Helmet
- 5. LS2 Motorcycle & Power Sports Helmet Off-Road Subverter
- 6. 1storm Dual Sport Motocross Off-Road Full Face Helmet With Dual Visor
- 7. ILM Dirt Bike Motorcycle Helmet
- 8. 2019 Fox Racing V1 Przm Off-Road Motorcycle Helmet
- 9. O’Neal Unisex-Adult Full-face Style Sierra II Helmet
- 10. Westt DOT Motorcycle Helmet Off-Road Full Face
- 11. O’Neal Off-Road Style 5 SRS Wingman Helmet
- 12. O’Neal Unisex-Adult off Road 3SERIES Helmet
- Tips for Selecting the Best Motocross Helmet
- Frequently Asked Questions While Buying The Best Motorcycle Helmet
- Final Thoughts
Products A Motorbike Gear Must Include:
If you are new to biking, then you must know that it is important to have motorcycle gear.
There are a lot of people who invest tons of money on buying a good motorbike but do not consider buying the proper motorbike gear.
To a lot of people, getting gear for themselves is a waste of money.
Motorcycle gear is very important, and if you are buying a bike you should buy it too else do not even bother buying a motorcycle.
The motorcycle gear keeps you safe if you get yourself into any crash or accident.
Not only that, but a motorcycle gear also protects you from the harsh weather conditions. The fatigue you get while riding a motorcycle is also reduced with motorcycle gear.
Motorcycle gear includes the following items that are necessary to wear when you are riding a bike:
Riding a motorcycle without a helmet is a big No.
Do not even think of getting onto a bike if you do not have a helmet on your head.
Researchers say that 45% of the impact of the crashes tends to occur on the face area. This means that if you get yourself into an accident while riding a bike, there are 45% chances that you are hurting yourself on your face.
This is where you are going to find a helmet useful.
A motorcycle helmet is made up of a very hard material that keeps your head safe during the crash.
There are many accident cases in which the helmet prevented the motorcyclist from dying. Not only in accidents, but the helmet also protects us from the scorching beams of the sun and the minute particles of dust.
As said by the manufacturers, the helmet can serve its purposes for five years.
This means that after five years, the helmet might not be able to protect your head and face.
A helmet is supposed to destroy itself, and this is what it is made for. If not on its own, it destroys itself in a crash or accident.
There are several helmets available in the market. You can get your hands on any one of them, but make sure to buy yourself one because it is very important.
Often getting overlooked, goggles are an important part of a motorcyclist’s gear.
Goggles are needed to protect your eyes from dust and harsh weather conditions. Cruising through dirt and trails is going to be a breeze with a perfect set of goggles.
While goggles do provide the necessary protection they are also good for adding more to the style of your gear.
If you are looking for goggles then look for those that fit well and have anti-fog properties.
If you are still in doubt then give our detailed guide on best motocross goggles a read.
Another important thing that is included in the motorcycle gear is the jacket. A jacket is usually made up of either textile or leather.
Both the materials have their advantages and disadvantages, but they do their job well.
The jacket is supposed to keep your body safe in all sorts of weather conditions.
It keeps your body dry in the rain and protects you from harmful and carcinogenic rays of sun in bright summers.
You can find these jackets in different styles and colors of your choice, but the main thing that a jacket provides you is protection.
So, make sure to get yourself a good jacket that is going to help you with all the weather conditions.
If you are thinking of riding your bike in denim jeans, then you must change your plan. Denim jeans are not going to protect you if you get yourself into a crash.
The pants that are included in the motorcycle gear are not made up of cotton.
The material that is used to prepare these pants is either leather or textile. Both the materials provide you protection against the weather and the accidents.
You can get yourself a matching jacket and pants with the same design and color.
You can even get it customized for yourself but get your hands on one because it is not safe to ride a motorcycle in a denim or cotton pants.
While riding a motorcycle, your hands do most of the hard work.
You accelerate your bike with your hands, and even the brake needs the pressure of your hands.
In all this work, your hands suffer a lot.
Therefore, to protect your hands, you need gloves.
These gloves are a part of motorcycle gear, and they protect your hands from all the damage that the weather, the sun, and the accelerator or brakes can do.
The gloves for motorcycle are not made up of cotton or wool. They are also made up of textile or leather to make sure your hands are kept safe.
A motorcycle is very heavy, and your feet provide you help to support that. For this purpose, you do need a good pair of boots.
The boots will provide you protection from the slippery and uneven surfaces.
Usually, the boots you wear while riding a motorcycle are made up of non-slippery and oil resistant sole.
Riding a bike without boots would be a foolish thing to do because you are not going to find perfect roads everywhere.
Therefore, if you are getting yourself a pair of boots, try to buy one that provides you maximum shield against all the factors that can bring you harm.
If you do not want to buy yourself a separate jacket and pants, you can get yourself a suit.
This suit is made up of the same material that is used to make pants and jackets.
The suit can be great for tracking, and it makes you look good and attractive too.
But you have to keep one thing in your mind before buying yourself a suit which is a suit can be very uncomfortable and it can be inconvenient too if you are traveling a very long distance.
So, buy yourself a suit or pants and jacket it is completely up to you.
The Top 12 Best Dirt Bike Helmets
There are many helmets available in the market for you.
All those helmets are of different prices, designs, and features.
You can choose any of those helmets according to your needs.
But in this section of the article, we are going to review some of the best motocross helmets 2020 edition.
If you are searching for the best dirt bike helmet, you are also going to find that in these reviews.
1. Bell MX-9 Adventure MIPS Helmet
If you are a normal or a regular biker who rides off the simple roads and highways, then a Moto helmet is going to work the best for you.
But if you are someone who covers long distances on their bike on uneven lanes, then you need to get yourself something else.
A Moto helmet cannot work for you if you are going on a sports adventure on your bike.
You need to get yourself a sports helmet, or else, your neck is getting a proper workout.
The Bell MX-9 Adventure MIPS helmet is a good choice for you if you need an adventure helmet.
For all those who don’t know, MIPS stands for ‘multi-directional impact protection system’.
In your adventure helmet, between the linear layer and the foam layer you are going to find a layer of MIPS. This layer controls the amount of the rotation, but you can hardly notice this layer with your eyes as it is very thin.
This helmet is best if you are riding on the road or the dirt. But to make it a street helmet, you must remove the peak visor.
The helmet includes several features out of which the most prominent ones are:
- The helmet has a polycarbonate shell that is very light in weight. This prevents you from getting a headache or a neck ache.
- You can find an integrated face shield in the helmet. This is going to protect your face from dust and all the harmful factors.
- This comes with a mouth vent that can be adjusted.
- The helmet has a chin bar lined with EPS. This protects you from hurting your chin.
- The helmet comes in 3 different sizes. You can buy the one that fits your head perfectly.
- You are getting a 5-month warranty for this helmet, which is cool.
- You can ventilate without having any difficulty while riding on roads or dirt.
- The helmet does not have magnetic cheek pad attachments.
2. 1Storm Adult Motocross Helmet And Dirt Bike Helmet
Another option if you are looking for a dirt bike helmet is 1Storm Adult Motorcycle Helmet.
This is one of the best motorcycle helmets you are going to find in the market right now. This dirt bike helmet has a lot of features that a rider needs in a helmet.
It does provide you protection on all kinds of roads. But that does not mean it is going to make it difficult for you to ventilate.
It offers you a lot of features at a very reasonable price. The most eye-catching features of this helmet are:
- It has padding that is very easy to clean.
- DOT approved.
- The helmet is highly cushioned from the inside.
- It has a very beautiful and glossy Ultraviolet light protection finish.
- The shell of the helmet is made up of a thermoplastic shell. This makes it a unique helmet.
- The glossy and shiny finish of this helmet makes the helmet look more attractive.
- The price of the helmet with all the features it is offering you is very reasonable.
- The one thing that we do not like about this helmet is that wearing it gives you a chipmunk look like every other dirt bike helmet.
3. O’Neal 3 Series Helmet
Another good option for a dirt bike helmet is O’Neal 3 Series Helmet.
This is again a very good helmet available in the market at a very reasonable price for all the sporty and adventurous bike riders.
The features provided by this helmet are phenomenal.
Not only that, many things make people consider buying it when they are looking for a dirt helmet.
Let us discuss the features that are making this dirt helmet almost everyone’s favorite.
- The shell is made up of polycarbonate material.
- There is an adjustable visor.
- The parts of the helmet are replaceable.
- The padding is removable, and you can wash it anytime.
- It is approved by ECE 22-05, DOT, and AS/NZS.
- The quality is great.
- The helmet is very lightweight.
- It is available in different sizes.
- It has very comfortable and thick padding.
- The visor is not tight. It moves freely, which is dangerous and distracting while riding the bike.
4. O’Neal Unisex-Adult Off-Road Style 2SERIES Helmet
If you are looking for a good dirt bike helmet, O’Neal Unisex-Adult Off-Road Style 2SERIES Helmet can be a good option for you.
The helmet is said to provide you protection, comfort, and quality at the same time.
The shell, the visor and every other part of this helmet are made with care and complete attention to fulfill the requirements of the customers.
- The padded liners are removable and washable.
- It has a nose guard.
- Several vents that help you in ventilation.
- The weight of the shell is very light.
- It is DOT, ECE 22-07 approved.
- You do not face any problem with ventilation.
- The helmet comes with a bag.
- It fits you perfectly.
- It cannot protect you from a very drastic accident if you are a rash driver. Go for something else if you need more protection.
5. LS2 Motorcycle & Power Sports Helmet Off-Road Subverter
If you are looking for a dirt helmet that gives you protection and style both at the same time, then buying LS2 Motorcycle and Powersports Helmet can be a good option.
The helmet is best for you if you are a beginner or even a pro.
It is tested to be the best racing helmets you can find in the market.
The product has an amazing built quality, and if you are buying a riding helmet for the first time then this one is going to give you very high performance.
- The helmet is made up of Kinetic polymer alloy (KPA).
- It comes with 35 ports that can help you in ventilation.
- The weight of the helmet is super light.
- The shell is extremely strong and provides you more protection.
- There is a lot of space for you to accommodate your goggles.
- This stuck helmet is available in so many exciting colors.
- You can buy this helmet at a very low price.
- Unlike other helmets, this helmet can let you breathe properly.
- You are not going to experience pain in your head or neck while wearing this helmet because the weight of the helmet is very light.
- The problem people face in this helmet is the size. If you wear a small size in different brands, you are likely to buy a bigger size in this one.
6. 1storm Dual Sport Motocross Off-Road Full Face Helmet With Dual Visor
The 1Storm Motocross off Road Helmet is one of those helmets that provides you with class, comfort, and protection all at the same time.
If you are looking for something that looks cool and trendy, then we would suggest you buy this dirt bike helmet.
Not only that, the amazing features provided by this helmet makes it worth buying and investing your money on.
If you are a person who needs comfort and style, then this is the perfect helmet for you.
- It sports dual visor. The inner visor is the smoked one, while the visor at the outside is the one with the clear shield.
- The shell is made up of thermodynamic alloy.
- The helmet is heavily cushioned from the inside.
- The helmet has a glossy finish.
- It has a removable and washable interior, which you can wash anytime.
- The quality of the helmet is very decent.
- The helmet is very light in weight, and you are not going to face any problem while wearing it.
- The heavily cushioned interior of this helmet is going to make your rides comfortable.
- It is going to fit your head perfectly.
- The helmets also provide you protection from the ultraviolet rays.
- The visor of the helmet is noisy.
If you are looking for a helmet that you can wear on roads, dirt or mountains then a good option for you is this helmet.
The helmet comes with few amazing features at such a low price.
You are going to get comfortable rides without fearing that if you fall you are going to hurt yourself badly.
This helmet is going to offer you protection at its best.
So, if you are thinking of investing on a mountain bike helmet, try giving this helmet a shot.
- The helmet offers you durability.
- This helmet is designed in an aerodynamic way, which is going to offer you speed.
- You can detach the inner pads anytime if you feel like washing them.
- The visor can be removed anytime.
- The helmet is DOT approved.
- You can also rotate the visor slightly if you want protection from the sun.
- It has a chin strap that prevents your helmet from moving. It keeps the helmet stays on your head, and it also gives protection to your chin.
- The helmet is extremely light in weight. You are hardly going to feel anything on your head while wearing it.
- The interior of the helmet provides you comfort.
- There is a visor attached to this helmet that gives you protection from the sun and dust particles.
- What we found disturbing is that the helmet is not as durable as it is mentioned in the features.
- You can find many better helmets with the same features at the same price.
8. 2019 Fox Racing V1 Przm Off-Road Motorcycle Helmet
How can we not add this helmet with so many amazing features in the list of helmets you can consider buying?
You will find that this helmet is a combination of all the qualities you wish to have in a helmet.
- The helmet has a visor release system called magnetic visor.
- Several vents for sufficient airflow.
- The ABS shell makes the helmet lightweight.
- Removable cheek pads.
- DOT approves it.
- The helmet provides you enough space for breathing. You will not find yourself suffocating if you wear this helmet.
- The helmet has a visor which is absent in many motocross helmets.
- The helmet is found to be slightly uncomfortable as compared to the other helmets.
9. O’Neal Unisex-Adult Full-face Style Sierra II Helmet
Another helmet that you can consider buying is this one.
Like any other helmet in this list, it offers you style, comfort, and protection and that too at a very low price.
- ABS is used to construct the shell.
- The polycarbonate shell is very light.
- An Integrated shield for the face is present.
- It has a double-d safety lock.
- It is highly comfortable.
- The weight of the helmet is very light.
- The helmet is bulky, which is not a good thing.
10. Westt DOT Motorcycle Helmet Off-Road Full Face
If you are someone who cannot even think of compromising on safety, then this helmet is perfect for you with its amazing features.
- This helmet has a dual visor.
- The interior is very comfortable.
- It meets all the safety standards and is certified for use in the USA.
- There is a safety buckle that comes in the helmet.
- It has removable paddings.
- The paddings used in the helmet can be washed anytime.
- The helmet is lightweight and comfortable.
- The safety buckle gives you extra protection.
- The chin strap in this helmet is quite thin.
11. O’Neal Off-Road Style 5 SRS Wingman Helmet
This helmet by O’Neal is one of the best helmets by them.
It offers you almost everything you wish to have in a helmet.
- ABS shell is present.
- The helmet is very light in weight
- The parts are available if you want to replace them.
- Multiple vents for ventilation.
- It has a visor which is not present in many motocross helmets.
- It provides you extra safety with its safety standards.
- You can remove the padding and wash them whenever you want.
- The helmet heats up very quickly.
12. O’Neal Unisex-Adult off Road 3SERIES Helmet
If you are a beginner and you are looking for a helmet that is light in weight and can work well, then you can consider buying this helmet.
- The shell is made up of polycarbonate.
- Several vents are present for breathing.
- It claims to meet certain safety standards.
- The padding is washable.
- The helmet is quite light in weight.
- The padding used inside the helmet is removable, and you can wash it anytime.
- The helmet is waterproof, and it keeps you protected in all sorts of environments.
- Overall, it is a good helmet, but you can face some problems with the size. So, make sure to check your size properly before buying it.
Tips for Selecting the Best Motocross Helmet
Since this is the motocross helmet buying guide, we are going to give you complete knowledge about the things you should keep in mind before buying a helmet.
In this section of the article, we are going to share with you some tips you should follow while buying yourself a motocross helmet.
If you follow these tips thoroughly, you are getting the best helmet for yourself.
1. Size of the Helmet
While buying a helmet the most important thing you should keep in your mind is the size of the helmet.
Do not buy anything too big or too small. Before buying the helmet, try it on and check the size.
If you buy a helmet that is either too big or too small you are going to face problems while ventilating and riding.
Therefore, buying the helmet that is exactly your size is important.
2. The shape of your Head
Another important thing that matters when you are getting yourself a helmet is the shape of your head.
Some people have a round, oval head while some have an intermediate oval, and some have long oval head too.
You can ask a friend of yours to take a picture of your head from the above if you cannot determine the shape of your head on your own.
Once you know the shape of your head, it would be easier for you to choose the helmet that is going to provide you comfort and protection.
3. Space for your Glasses
A lot of people wear glasses, and a lot of helmets do not have space for glasses or shades.
If you are one of those people, make sure to get yourself a helmet that offers you enough space to accommodate your glasses inside the helmet.
If you neglect this point, you are going to face great difficulties while trying to fit your head and glasses in the helmet.
4. Water Resistance
The reason to buy a motorcycle helmet is not only to protect yourself from accidents.
Another reason you should invest in a good motorcycle helmet is that it keeps you safe while riding no matter what the weather condition is.
When you are buying a helmet, make sure to buy the one that keeps your head safe from the rainwater.
The biggest problem you face while wearing a helmet is ventilation.
It is hard to breathe when you are wearing a helmet. Therefore, you should buy a helmet that does not make it difficult for you to breathe.
If you are facing any difficulty in breathing while trying a new helmet, do not invest your money on it.
Because it will be harder for you to breathe on the roads and dirt with such a product.
So, while buying it, make sure to get yourself the one that allows you to breathe.
Some helmets are designed in a way that they do not allow you to see properly.
The design of those helmets might be very catchy, but those kinds of helmets are going to cause you big problems on the roads.
If you are not able to see properly, there are chances of you involving yourself in accidents.
Therefore, you are required to check the helmet properly before buying it to prevent yourself from facing any problem in the future.
The main reason behind buying a helmet is that it offers you protection.
What would be the point of buying one that cannot protect you?
Therefore, when you are buying a helmet, get yourself one that is going to provide you extra protection.
Some brands claim to make helmets that give you more protection, and you can consider buying from those brands because, in the end, it is the protection that you need.
These were the seven most important things you should be keeping in your mind before buying a motorcycle helmet.
If you neglect any of the points that are mentioned above, you will end up getting a product that is going to be of no use to you.
A motorcycle helmet is supposed to provide you protection, thus getting yourself one that provides you the most protection should be your number one priority.
A little negligence can cost you your life. So, make sure to buy a nice motorcycle helmet that provides you all that you are looking for.
Frequently Asked Questions While Buying The Best Motorcycle Helmet
We understand the fact that even after reading a complete guide on buying a motocross helmet, you can still have some questions.
You do not have to worry about them as we are going to answer a few of the most asked questions people have in their minds while buying motocross helmet.
Investing your money on a product that does not fit you properly can be very painful.
If you are going to a market to buy a helmet, you can easily check if the helmet fits you properly by wearing it.
But if you are getting it from any online store, then the helmet size can be a problem.
There are size charts available for the product on the websites, and you can easily get the one that you think is going to fit your head perfectly.
The best way to wash a helmet if the mud gets inside is with a wet cloth.
You can clean your helmet properly with a wet cloth. Please avoid putting your helmet under the water, as it will result in making your helmet smelly.
Another problem you are going to face if you keep your helmet underwater is that it will take time to dry.
This is something that completely depends on the seller.
Many sellers exchange your product if it is not of your size, but again not every seller is going to exchange the product.
There are many online stores where you can buy your helmet. The most trusted online store is amazon.
You can get different products at different designs and prices.
There are many reviews by the customers that can also help you buy the product.
This is again something that depends on the seller.
Most of the sellers deliver their product in less than a week, but many sellers take more than a week to deliver their products to you.
We have reviewed a lot of dirt bike helmets in this article.
All these helmets are of good quality and have some amazing features. Therefore, you can buy one that you think is best for you.
This can be very confusing.
If you are stuck in a situation like this, you should do more searching.
You can search for another helmet that provides you all the features and colors at the same time.
But still, if you cannot find any other helmet, we would suggest you choose features over color.
A good helmet is very important for all motorcyclists.
If you follow all the tips and keep in mind everything that is mentioned in this article, you can get a good motocross helmet for yourself.
You can read our guide about when to replace a motorcycle helmet if you still on the edge and don’t know if its time to change.
If you found what you were looking for or if you think we might have missed your favorite helmet then do leave us a comment here.